The key to longevity.
The study says…
Health benefits of holidays
Holidays make people happy! We don’t really need science to tell us that a link exists between holidays and happiness. Going on a holiday can be as important to your health as exercising and eating your fruits and veggies! In fact, scientists claim that: failing to get away from the day-to-day stress of the office overrules any benefits gained from eating healthily and doing exercise.
The key to Happiness
- The first element of happiness is positive emotions.
- Joy, interest, contentment and love.
- The next element is meaning.
- Giving people a sense of purpose.
- The final part is engagement.
- Giving people a sense of involvement.
What else do holidays do to boost life expectancy?
- Reduce depression and stress
- Taking a break can help reduce stress levels, which in turn can boost immunity.
- Visiting a new place and taking out time exclusively for yourself and family or friends makes you believe that there is so much more to look forward to in the world.
- Get more sleep
- Holidays help you to relax and get more sleep which is great for your mental health. Peeple who don’t take regular holidays tend to work longer hours and get less sleep, which has a severe impact on health and productivity in the long term.
- Improve productivity:
- Going on holidays can help improve your productivity at work. You can come back with a fresh mind and fresh motivation to deliver better at your workplace.
You don’t have to go abroad – take a local break in Brisbane
Holidays don’t necessarily mean travelling to another country. Often big overseas holidays equal big costs, lots of time taken to save and stress involved in planning itinerary, passports etc..
So why not plan for your big overseas holiday every 3-5 years, and in the mean time (the in-between years) why not look local?
Not only does Brisbane Holiday Village offer a great range of holiday cabins, caravan sites, and camping accommodation, but we’re here for your health! We offer amazing facilities and a tropical resort-style feel to your holiday that will leave you refreshed and ready to take on the world again!
Grab a great holiday deal by booking directly with us! OR give our friendly reception staff a call on (07) 3341 6133.
So go ahead and book your much-needed holiday – your life could be at risk!
– The BHV Team
Review us: We LOVE to hear your feedback!