The spring time is what many people consider as the best season of the year in Brisbane. The outlook for many colourful events and festivals will sure make you smile.
As we roll on into September, it is time to say good-bye to your winter clothes, getting out and spend time with your family and friends. We can smell flowers, enjoy a drink in various rooftop bars or have a stroll through flower shows and food festivals.
Get a pen and paper and write down all these things you can do this spring time and don’t forget to book your accommodation with Brisbane Holiday Village. We are not only family friendly and can offer a beautiful pool area, mini golf, tennis and free Wi-Fi; we also have the right cabin, caravan or camp site for you to round up a beautiful weekend in Brisbane.
- 2 September – Defence Charity Ball at Brisbane Convention & Exhibition Centre. Grab your favourite evening gown and your favourite heels. The defence force, in partnership with Legacy, aim to raise much needed funds for the care of families who’ve lost a loved one while serving Australia.
- 9 September – 30 September – Brisbane Festival at several locations in Brisbane. Be a part of the city when the Brisbane Festival returns with a thrilling program of theatre, music, dance, circus, opera and major public events such as the Sunsuper Riverfire.
- 23 September – 24 September – OZ Comic-Con at Brisbane Convention & Exhibition Centre brings the biggest names in comics, anime, manga, sci-fi, fantasy and animation to Brisbane over two-days.
- 29 September – 13 November – Ben & Jerry’s Openair Cinema at the Rainforest Green, South Bank. Chill out with some tasty food and frosty beverages from the bar, while feature films lighting up the huge movie screen.
- 1 October – Listen out taking over the Sporting Fields at Victoria Park. Listen Out is Australia’s premier dance music event, bringing quality dance music to four spectacular inner city venues across Australia.
- 5 October – 15 October – Cirque du Soleil: Toruk – The first flight at Brisbane Entertainment Centre. Inspired by James Cameron’s AVATAR, TORUK – The First Flight transports you to the world of Pandora in a stunning live setting.
- 21 October – 22 October – Brisbane Fitness & Health Expo at Brisbane Convention & Exhibition Centre. The Fitness Show brings together the latest fitness and health trends, products, events and experiences.
- 27 Otober – 28 October 2017 – Valley Fiesta in Fortitude Valley. Once again Valley Fiesta will showcase a massive three day program of music, food, art, fashion, markets and photography.
- 4 November – 19 November – Wizard of Oz at Queensland Performing Arts Centre. The world’s favourite musical returns to Australia.
- 18 November – Take That Live Tour 2017 at Brisbane Entertainment Centre. Take That have announced their first national Australian tour in over 22 years. Don’t miss out.
- 23 November – 4 December – Brisbane Asia Pacific Film Festival at Palace Barracks Cinemas, Palace Centro, King George Square & Griffith Film School. Enjoy more than 100 features, shorts and documentaries.
- 24 November – 11 December – Wonderland Festival at Brisbane Powerhouse. Flirt with the unexpected and dive into a carnival of circus, comedy, music, physical theatre, magic and burlesque.
Don’t forget, if you’re looking for accommodation during this period, check out our specials and modern family cabins for details. You can book online at any time. View our rates and book online – it’s easy. Or phone our friendly Reservations Team on 07 3341 6133.