Is travel all about exploring alone or is it better to have someone to share your special travel memories with?
The debate between solo and group travel is an ongoing one, with supporters in both corners.
At Brisbane Holiday Village, we know that everyone has different needs and preferences, which is why we’ve come up with a quick list of pros and cons to help you compare and decide which travel option is best for you.
The Pros and Cons of Solo Travel
- Meeting new people
- Meeting other travellers is one of the benefits of travelling alone. A lot of solo travellers seem to end up in the same spots, so you have a chance to meet other people with the same interests.
- You call the shots
- The good thing about travelling alone is that you’re the only one responsible for your plans. There’s no fighting over what to do and where to go – you can do what you like, where you like when you want.
- Loneliness and safety
- The downside to being responsible for yourself is that you do not have anyone to experience your memories with. Adding to this, if you get lost or end up in trouble, you only have yourself to solve the problem.
The pros and cons of Group Travel
- Create lasting memories
- When you travel in a group, you’ll have people to share your experiences and frustrations with. Plus, they might suggest and encourage you to do something fun that you might have never thought of doing by yourself.
- Spend quality time
- If you don’t get to see your friends and family as much as you’d like then group travel is also a great way to spend quality time with your loved ones.
- Save money:
- More often than not, it works out cheaper when you split the cost of shared accommodation, activities and food when in groups.
- Different interests: In groups, it can sometimes be hard to come to agreements on what everyone wants to do. It can also be difficult dealing with different budgets.
Looking to book a Solo or Group holiday in Brisbane?
Grab a great holiday deal by booking directly with us! OR give our friendly reception staff a call on (07) 3341 6133.
Review us: We LOVE to hear your feedback!